Foggy Baguio

I have been to Baguio City four or five times but during those times, I have never seen the summer capital so foggy. The clouds of water droplets covered the city and reduced visibility of the surroundings. I'm not used to this cold climate and thick fog as it never gets this cold and foggy in the place where I live. When I was there over the weekend the lowest temperature was around 17 C. 



When we were driving through La Trinidad, located 3 km north of Baguio, our guide (a local from the Ibaloi tribe) remarked, "Bumababa ang langit" (Heaven is coming down). It looked heavenly indeed, this  heavy fog. During the time of Moses, God made His presence felt among the Israelites through a pillar of cloud by day. This cloud-like mass that covered this mountainous place also inspires awe. It's a lovely and heavenly sight. 


Comments